Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pretty Boy...Again?

As surprised as I was...I was even more suspicious. At about 10:20 this morning my phone went off. I assumed it was work, but it was Pretty Boy. After four days of what I can only assume was pouting, he sends me a message.

pb: Hey stranger

What am I to make of this? He starts to feel me out. What am I up to? Do I have any plans today? I don't, but I really don't have any interest in planning anything with him either. He finally asks:

pb: Do you want to play?

I think about it. I wait. I think, what the hell. I'll tell him to come to me. I don't expect him to, given his track record. But I have no plans and I'm just doing laundry anyway. If he does show up, meh. I may or may not choose to play with him. Depends on how I feel. He tells me that he will take a shower and be right over. At 11:30 I get a message that he hasn't left yet, he's waiting for someone to drop by his house and then he'll be on his way. Sure. I'm holding my breath. By about 3:15, he hasn't arrived. I send him a message that I am tired of playing his silly games. I tell him to lose my phone number. At this point his number will stay in my phone purely for the purposes of identification. His messages will not be returned. He didn't really inconvenience me, I had no plans for the afternoon. I just have no interest in someone who constantly tells me they're going to do something and then never follows through. And then beyond that gives no apology or explanation - that is, until they want something else from you. No matter. He's no idea how much he's harmed his own reputation in the process. He'll learn soon enough.

1 comment:

unspeakable axe said...

This guy's a tool. Good for you for cutting him off.

He doesn't deserve you.